Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Still sick...part 2

Poor Taylor seemed to get worse as the days came. Day 4 was the worst. Here, our little boo-bear fell asleep with his juicy and applesauce. If you are an avid reader, you know Tay must be sick if he isn't finishing his food.

Off to Dr. White we go.
Taylor: Piercing screams and flowing tears as he was weighed...32 pounds!!! Outbursts as they swabbed his nose . Flu and RSV negative. Many screams as she checked the ears and i held his arms down. Perfect ears. Lung clear. Bottom line: Virus. Bad virus. Sweet boy survived with extra love from his momma.
Turner: Happily, he held his monkey and jumped around in the stroller. Golden good boy even offered his monkey to Taylor as he screamed! Perfect angel.
Popsicle treat!!!


They begged to go outside. I bundled them up more than this photo & let them eat popsicles while I strolled them down the street. What was I thinking? POPSICLES in the winter cold. I was a delusional mommy. I am cold as I type looking at them!!!

Day 5: Fever gone for Tay! Yes!!! I had already planned to be off work because they have to be fever free for 24 hrs., so off to the aquarium we went. I gave them the choice of the Children's Museum or Aquarium and they said "fishes". Surprisenly, they loved it more than last week's visit!!!


Group photo with the fishes as Turner had meltdown over not wanting to pose with mommy.

Taylor having his meltdown over the photo with mommy. Unfair! I finally had someone offer to take our picture!!! I feel I have no photos with our boys!!!

Diapers.com boxes arrived so we played " Mommy draw it and they tell me what it looks like". Surprisenly, because I am a TERRIBLE artist, they got most of them right. You can see my drawings and what they said near it. No laughing, people!

Our last bath of vacation. Let's celebrate or cry! Popsicles in the tub. Although, I was exhausted from being a week long stay at home mom, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I finally feel I am in the groove and understand how to do it. I got us on a good schedule, planned fun, educational tasks and really enjoyed my one on one with them. Part of me is sad that the fun has to end, but the other part is glad to be heading back to work. I miss my patients, doctors, my awesome lunch group and seeing our boys have fun with their friends at school!!! I am so thankful for my awesome family and my sweet ole husband...I loved my night off with my dear friend Beth at Happy Hour , then winning $75 in a BIG BUNK-OFF at BUNKO!!! But even happier, to hear the quiet. No more coughing , wheezing, hawking up a lung or fussing from the boy's room. Night-night!









No comments: