Monday, March 28, 2011

Beaufort!!

In celebration of my cousin, Wesley, bringing his family to Beaufort, we traveled south for a day's trip. Wes is my cousin because my mom and his dad are siblings. Wes has lived up north since I can remember, so we only see each other every few years at the most. I have met his wife, whom he has been married to for 10 years only once and have never met his 9 year old son. So, good times were had by all!!! Taylor deciding whether he loved Aunt Micki's straws or the giraffe more!
Jacob (Wesley and Val's son) and Turner playing trains.
Taylor helping Boo open her presents...dishes!
Oh, can you see the joy in Boo's eyes! Now we all know where I got my love for dishes!!! One day, I will have a china room like the White House. Ditto for Boo. Poor Gan and Daddy-o!
Turner still playing alone, despite Jacob leaving to play with Taylor.
Sweet Jacob playing with Taylor near the Demi Moore bathtub. The bathtub in this house was used in some movie with Demi Moore. Anyone remember a scene where Demi Moore lounged in a claw foot antique white bathtub???
Cousin Valerie getting a hug from Turner.
Taylor getting hugs from Val and Jacob.
Jacob hugging Taylor.
Turner hugged everybody before we left. Guess it was the sweetness of being with family that made him so loving!!! Thanks to Micki and Jim for hosting us. We all had a blast and enjoyed our visit so much. The visit wore everybody out. Daddy and boys slept the whole way home.

No comments: