Monday, December 3, 2012

7 months late: better late than never, right?

 
 
We are back!! 2012 Pictures with Santa......
 
It hit me tonight as I sat down with mommy juice at a Junior League happy hour. It has been too long since I have blogged. I used to be ole faithful. My friend and fellow blogger, Beth, and I joked that it is more busy now that the kids are " older". How can that be?
 
Sorry supporters, but you have missed some great times!!!
 
Because I am old and my memory is shot, I will have to consolidate it to a Top 10 things that you missed while I wasn't blogging.
 
10.  The boy's 4th birthday party. It was so much fun! I am not sure what was more fun...the cupcake (Tay) & dragon (Turn) pinyatas, the elephant jump castle (Tay's request) and the Arts and Crafts Table (Turn).
 
9. Turner and Taylor continue to be obsessed with animals . They know them all. Literally. Bet half of you don't know what a Quetzel is. Don't feel bad, but I didn't either. I learned quite quickly after the teacher at school insisted that the "parrot" in the picture was really a Quetzel after turner corrected her. After being bothered by it (because she knows his love for animals), she looked it up over her lunch break and found out, turner was right.  Only Turner would recognize it by it's long tail.
 
8. Many wonderful long weekends in Charlotte to spend time with our loved ones.
 
7. Boat trips to the Aquarium, after school trips to the Children's Museum, bike rides through the County Parks, playdates with Lela & Meddin (our twin girlfriends), Kate, Noelle, Calvert, Davis, Easton & Gunner....we are on the go!!
 
6. Potty training complete except pull up's at night!!
 
5. Bike riding with two wheels. Thank goodness for those strider bikes ! We skipped dealing with the training wheels.
 
4. Taylor has his first real crush. Kate, our neighbor and my friend Jenny's daughter, is the reason. She is precious. Sweet and sassy like a little girl. Tay loves her. Talks about her all of the time, finds toys and says :" lets get this for Kate", ignores her when she comes over...Lawd, it has begun!!!
 
3. Halloween 2012-- The first real Halloween where they got the idea of trick or treating. Many doorbells rang multiple times, many "no thank you" when they were given a not liked piece of candy and a whole neighborhood covered by one little dragon (Turner) and one little one eyed monster (Taylor). Biking with their costumes occurred every day for two weeks prior to the big day.
 
2. The boy's first slumber parties!! Their best bud at school had a death in the family so we were asked to have Andrew stay with us for 3 days. The boys welcomed Andrew the first day as if he was their triplet. By day 3, we were all tired, moody and ready to be a twin again. Thank goodness I am a twin mommy!!! Two and done.....
 
1. Turner loves to sit inside and read books or do art. Obsessed over art!! Taylor loves to be out busy. He loves to run errands, help you in the yard, help me cook. One dayTay and daddy were going to the store. Daddy asked me what I needed from Walmart. Tay then added, " mommy, you need a glass of wine?" Sweet kid!
 
 

No comments: