Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bye Bye Bottles!!

The time has come for the boys and mommy to give up the bottle. For the past few months, T and T had been getting an am and pm bottle with their meals. Sippy cups have been used for water and milk for pleasure! I had noticed a disinterest in drinking from them and an increase in slinging them, so I knew the time was near for the farewell. I am thinking it was more sad for me. As we are 99% sure, there will be no more babies, this is the last sign that we had two of them. (The 1% is if we win the lottery and can afford another one!)
You just missed the slinging of the bottle. Turner is deciding if he really wants it bad enough.

"Ok, it is my last one".

Savoring the moment, Taylor looks on as Turner nearly falls asleep from the last pleasurable bottle.
To date, it has been 3 days and their milk supply with the sippy cups has gotten much better! At first, Taylor boycotted the cup with his whining, shaking his head "no" and slinging the cup at a dog! His whining alone is enough to kill you, my friends. I personally think he was testing me. Mommy held her ground and just reinforced "I like the way you're drinking your milk like a big boy". Tonight, Taylor took a second serving of milk from the cup after mkommy caught him stealing his brother's half full cup. Turner drank his milk from the cup and loved it from day one! He has discovered that drinking milk from the cup is especially fun if you spit half out and blow raspberries, but that behavior will be gone by tomorrow, my friends. Momma don't play.



2 comments:

emboogie said...

Let me just say, Turner is looking stylish. Like a little man in his jeans and cute Jacket. I miss them! Im going to come visit sometime soon to say hi to my boys : )

3dsgifts-n-things said...

merry christmas bloogers
Last message received on 12/6/2009 at 12:50 PM
joey: Christmas is coming fast, with this economy it will be no blast, shopping, not saving, going broke,
all this grief you feel like your going to choke
stop into the store and what do ya know
you can save year around so go santa go all the grief
has come to pass 3dsgifts for all!!!
this economy wont last take a jingle and find your change
buy all your gifts this year with santa and 3dsgifts.com behind the reigns.
merry christmas bloogers