Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another day in the life of a mom with twin boys...

Turner (right) and Taylor (left) enjoying some playtime as Mommy finds their outfits for the morning.
Taylor wide awake after the 3 am feeding, as mommy does the BLOG. Sunday's James Island County Park Adventures........


WE LOVE THE SUPERWALMART...where else can you do ONE STOP Shopping which is essential with twins!!!





Well, we have had another fun couple of days! (We are 5 weeks old.)

Sunday, we went on a family outing to James Island County Park with the whole family...3 dogs, 2 babies and a partridge in a pear tree. Imagine this...a big empty fenced in field with a pond in this gorgeous park setting. It was beautiful! Here I was pushing the double wide street safe only stroller through the grass (Bumpity-bump) as the dogs frollicked and Ben cleaned up their mess. We enjoyed watching the dogs swim, chase other dogs and be dogs. The boys enjoyed a morning nap, until Taylor awoke and wanted to be fed. I joke that Turner is my "snacker". Poor son gets that honestly from both his mom and dad, but no matter where we go, Taylor always has to stop and eat! I guess his cute cheeks do not hide that fact!!

Also, let it be known that you moms with one baby have it easy when you go shopping. On Sunday afternoon, for kicks, i took Taylor alone to the grocery store on Sunday. I thought if i was venturing alone, i would do a trial run with one baby--how easy was that!! I actually got to push a regular cart and left him in his carrier, placing him in the cart!! He looked around the store and seemed entertained by the bright lights, coloful food items and lots of visitors who wanted to see "the cute baby". Ben and Turner happily reported a fun hour watching the Falcon's game...you should have seen those two snuggled on the couch--it was priceless! Turner did his "touchdown pose" several times as his arms went up as i watched him upon my return...too bad the Falcons did not pull off a win!!

Sunday night was the worst night ever. Poor Taylor had a tummy ache and explosive diarhhea. He was up SREAMING all night, literally. He refused to poop because it was hurting him so bad and would scream because he needed to poop. I would get him soothed, asleep , and bam, the fireworks in his drawers would awaken him with more SCREAMS! After about 15 + messy diapers and no sleep, Taylor finally went down at 5 am.

Needless to say, Monday was a complete blurr. Boo was not here, Ben was at work and I somehow survied--oh yes, i know how, it was thanks to good ole Aunt Sabrina (who works from home) who relieved me at lunch to help feed the boys and bring me a coke! Caffeine....better than the best glass of wine any day in this mom's book!!!

Tuesday....I know people won't believe me, but we went to Walmart again. It seems that with two boys and a husband, I am always in need of something! I am going to contact Walmart and see if they want us to do an ad for them...the mini bus, the two boys and the two beautiful looking "helpers". I think that makes 3 visits in 2 weeks. They are starting to know us--yes, a warehouse bigger than a New York City block and they remember us. It must be the mini bus that gives us away!

The trip was pretty boring except Taylor screamed once we hit the photo section--he is not the shopper, clearly. Usually the freezer section is where the screams begin, but this time he thought he would offer the pleasure to the cameras!! Sweet Turner might be my shopping companion. He slept through the screams and soundly with little grunts at that. Turner can sleep anywhere and through anything!!! Oh, and we got the boys little Halloween outfits...photos to follow. They will be so cute!!!

Last visual...I always knew things would be different with kids, but I did not know how different every little thing would be. For example, white noise is now a staple for soothing babies. The boys scream at "witching hour" (6-10 pm is a fussy time) , and well, at other times too. Sometimes the screams make you crazy. I hear the screams in my sleep sometimes even after they have stopped. Well, i have found a cure! A vacuum...a simple household device. If you turn on the vacuum, they stop. I swear--try it moms, dads and grandmas everywhere!!

Poor Boo and Gan showed up on Monday night and found me napping on the couch, the boys napping in their bouncy seats, the dogs napping in their beds and the vacuum running itself full force! I am sure their first reaction was priceless..." that poor girl feel asleep while tying to clean the house for us!" When in the car and there are screams, you turn the radio on am static LOUD and bam, you have two sleeping babies back asleep in no time!!! You can imagine Boo's reaction when I made us ride home from Walmart with not her usual beach music, but static. NICE. I might lose traveling companions with the reading of this BLOG report.

Well, i am happy to say, Taylor as been fed (He is not going to miss a meal, despite it is 3 am!), i have "made milk" and Turner is still sleeping. I felt certain that i would be re-awoken by Turner, so i thought i would complete this week's BLOG report. Turner is still sleeping. He has been asleep for 5 hours....SWEET! He is our son!!! And yes, this paranoid mom has already checked him twice to make sure he is ok. Just soundly sleeping and it in night.

Well, I am off to bed and Ben can feed him later. TaTa!!!!

No comments: