Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There are lots of firsts with new boys...

It hit me today, as two people have asked me, that i have not posted anything in almost a week! Sorry, fellow supporters and loved ones!! We are 4 weeks old.

Let's see...we've had a great week. Cindarella (aka Boo) was back for the week. I welcomed the company to assist with the boys, help keep my own sanity and utilize her fabulous organizational skills. Poor Boo is a neat freak and is married to one, thus the household in which Ben and i happily live in seems like utter chaos to her. Boo has managed to organize every cabinet, closet and drawer in our downstairs--I told her the upstairs was off limit, minus the boy's room! She vaccums every day to return the next day to find dog hair--yep, three labs and there is dog hair, regardless of the amount that you clean!!!

first for the weeks...let me count the occasions!
1. I got sprayed and pooped on....I was changing Turner and lifted his legs to wipe his bottom and bam, he pooped and I was sprayed with poo all over my shirt and pants. As a natural reaction, i jumped out of the way, so he ended up spraying the pack n'play and the chair behind me as well. Thank goodness for Resolve!!

2. I mananged to figure out how to happily soothe and feed them both via bottles at the same time with the use of two boppies! My life just became easier and more productive!!

3. Both boys have slept almost 4 hours for two nights.....YES!!! Looks like they are inheriting their love of sleep from the daddy!!

4. I have a clogged milk duct, which hurts like crap. Not a happy first, but since i have been breast feeding for almost 5 weeks i feel lucky that this is my first and hopefully only one!!! The cure is massage with heat and pumping/feeding every 2 hours--yeah right, who has time to do that with twin boys!!!

5. Ben and I have managed to take the boys in the mini bus and the three dogs on their leashes on walks through the neighborhood for the past 4 days!!! This is typical for us (pre-boys) , so you can imagine our excitement to have this activity back in our lives!!

6. Proudly, i announce that Ben has been doing the wee hour feedings while i pump, which has been a huge help. Thank you, baby!!! It is so nice to wake up to pump and find both boys fed or being fed. He is really embracing fatherhood and it suits him very well!!!

We took some great photos, but have still not managed to get the boys together in the same photo for our announcement. Stubborn things...one is smiling, the other one is screaming. One is looking to the left, the other is covering his face with his hand. You get it--so, we shall keep trying!!! ** We will work on posting photos soon--with the extra pumping and feeding, i have had less time on my hands than normal this week.

2 comments:

micki said...

Sounds like you are being the best Mom and Dad ever. Keep up the good work. You are so lucky to have Boo in your life. What a great mama. Guess you didn't fall far from the tree. I know you are busy but we need pictures. Can't wait to see how cute they are getting. Give them hugs and kisses for us. Love Aunt Micki and Uncle Jim

Sixty Minute Man said...

OMG, I can't believe that you got poo'd on. Must be true love. :) Love the blog Liz! Can't wait to see the pics.
Love,
Jessi