Friday, October 2, 2009

12 months

I am honored to share my birthday month with the boys. Happy 35th birthday to mommy on the 24th of September and Happy 1st birthday to our boys on September 18th. What a year to remember. In honor of my birthday, daddy surprised mommy with a dozen roses at work. Boy, did I feel special to have my pager go off for a "personal" delivery. Usually, it is an inpatient nurse who is dying to know why the evaluation order she put in the computer 10 minutes ago has yet to be completed by me! (Here were my gifts--Go ralphie on the gifts! Love my cookbook. He knows I collect them. A matter of fact, after our first date, he sent me a great St. Simon's cookbook, which has become my favorite!!!And the best of all...a personalized cookbook holder. My old holder broke and I have since been using a glass to hold my cookbooks open.)

12 month checkup:
Turner- weight was 23 pounds, 1 oz = 50 % ; length 29 in.= 25-50%
Taylor- weight was 24 pounds, 1 oz = 75% ; length 29 in.= 25-50%
The boys did fabulous with their shots and enjoyed a dinner out with mom and dad at Moes!
The boy's good classmate and neighbor, Davis Kruse, invited us to do the American Heart Association Walk with he and his mom, Kelly. We met up with their other classmate, Gabrielle, and her mom, Beth, for a fun morning. We did the 3 mile walk, stopped at Water Street to do a diaper check/change and visited with neighbors. A great time was had by all!

Turner and Daddy admiring the view at a beach party for Aunt Beth!

Happy birthday boys from Boo and Gan! The boys got their own cars and love them. More photo opportunities to follow, as the rain has prevented us from being outside to use them! (And yes, the pacifier is back. As the piercing temper tantrums begin, mommy had to bring it out, as drugs are not currently on option.)

Turner is helping daddy put it together.

"Staring Taylor" admires the action, waiting for his car to be handed over.

Thanks Uncle Jim!!! Yes, the boys were spoiled with toys on their birthday. The vacuum cleaner is a hit. Good practice for later!!!


The best thing about twins is that they have an automatic playmate. We find that they are totally into each other. Playing together, fighting together, feeding each other, laughing at each other. Best buddies!!! Here they are playing with a Christmas gift from last year from Granny and poppy. Good thing, they looked ahead because we need all the entertainment toys we can find!!!








No comments: