Monday, January 25, 2010

Queen City Vacation

In honor of my best friend (Ashley) from kindergarten's visit home from Kansas, the Slades decided to make the trek to Charlotte for the weekend. When we arrived, Boo and Gan's house was spotless and the type A parentals had gone babysitting for J5 and Savannah. We were excited to have the "grown up" house to ourself and the boys were overjoyed to have a new home to destroy. Bless Boo and Gan because destroy is what they did!!!

Thankfully Boo and Gan had brought some Slade boy favorites down from the playroom! (Take note of the spotless, neat freak home...)

Who knew that drinking milk in Gan's leather chair could be so much fun??


And if you ever wanted to know what was in all 100+ drawers in Boo's morning room, check this BLOG report out. This was before Taylor thought it was a good idea to munch on some new batteries and drag the drawers through the morning room, past the living room and down the hall to answer the door. Interstingly enough, I played a memory game with them by hiding my phone. These are smart boys because they found it every time!!

And a special thanks goes to my second mother, Betty who brought an amazing dinner over for us. We enjoyed catching up over the barbeque. A matter of fact, we woke up on Saturday, wishing we were at Betty's for leftovers. Something about Betty's cooking is out of this world!!!Special thanks to daddy for putting the boys to bed so Betty and I could peacefully gab uninterrupted with a glass of red wine!! Extra thanks to Carl for letting us gab til too late and patiently waiting in the kitchen as we had girl talk!!















Breakfast at Boo's...






Who knew playing in the pantry could be so much fun?









Nothing finer than sitting in Boo and Gan's lap.....




Turner's "business man" stare at Ashley's newborn, Baby Hayden!

















Taylor's stare at Ashley's necklace. Homemade I bet. She has great taste!!!

Momma getting some love from Hayden, while Taylor gets love from Mrs. Van (my other mom growing up; Ash's mom) Surprisenly, the boys were totally okay and not jealous of my holding a baby. It must have been all the snacks sitting around.

Momma laughing with T and T (16 months)

Taylor was fascinated with Ashley's baby. He sat patiently, staring at him, pointing and grunting.
Hayden, Turner and Ashley posing for a quick shot.


Sweet Hayden Hockersmith!!! He is one handsome boy and reminds me so much of Mr. Van. I know he is looking down from above and smiling at his perfect grandson.

Turner posing in Boo's bathroom before the big swim in her bathtub!!

Turner and Gan enjoying some 1:1 as somebody ate all of the cookies. Yes, 5 adults and two kids ate a whole package of oreos and half a package of fig newtons. Oink, oink is right. Funny thing. I blamed Ben, dad blamed Nanny, Nanny said "huh", Turner grunted for "more" and Taylor cried. Who knows who ate all the cookies? Probably skinny minnie Boo. Boo eats more than a horse and weighs as much as my left thigh....then again if I walked two hours a day and went to Curves, I might be a 0 too. As Aunt Caroline has always said " I would rather be fat and happy , then skinny and bitchy". LOL. Not that Boo is bitchy, but if I was that skinny, I would be so bitchy!

Suspicious cookie thefts....Nanny Y, Turner, Taylor and Boo

Look at that devilish smile....I think we have our cookie theft. TURNER SLADE!!!





















No comments: