Sunday, July 25, 2010

Coupon Multiples Mom

These days I understand why mom are saying that boys will eat you out of the house. Having three boys who LOVE to eat, we could be broke thanks to groceries alone. It is a good thing that I breast fed for 11 months. If I knew my Publix bills would be this high, I might have never introduced them to solid foods.

A patient of mine taught me about couponing and it has become my new hobby. It was her passion and as I rehabilitated her mind and speech, I never knew all those sessions would help me so much!

Why coupon, I asked? She said why not? Let's see. I love to cook and shop. I am extremely organized and very Type A. I require little sleep and find myself up at night after my boys and ralphie have gone to sleep with nothing to do. It is easy, free and a great way to save money. On average, I save about HALF on every bill. Ladies, half price, means more money for clothes, babysitters, vacations, and manicures!!!

All of this stuff was $125. With my coupons and store discounts, I saved $69. For you newbies, I feel inclined to do a Top 5 for you:
1. www.southernsavers.com will be your new best friend!
2. Publix will let you use any competitors coupon, paired with a manufactor's coupon, meaning you save double. They are my choice for this reason alone. Check out your favorite store's coupon policy. HT does have double and triple coupons certain weeks.
3. You do have to "stockpile" some stuff to get the best deals, but if you have three boys and two dogs, it is usually gone before the pile begins.
4. When they have Buy 1, get 1 Free, you can get 1 for half price.
5. Use your coupon when it is on sale to get double the value. For example, the Smart Balance Milk Half Gallons, I got for 50cents each this week. The Mortons Salt was free because it was on sale and I had a coupon. Last week, they paid me 8 cents to leave for Heinz Ketchup. FOR REAL, FOLKS!!!

Happy shopping! ; ) Love, Liz

2 comments:

emboogie said...

ahhh liz! Im obsessed with clipping coupons too. Yes, at 20 my life is filled with playdates and coupons . . . Share ALL of your coupon secrets with me PLEASE! I got all grumpy this week b/c there werent enoght coupons for what i needed lol!

Courtney said...

Girl, I am a Southern Savers devotee - so glad you discovered it! And I'm totally loyal to Publix, too. They have the best coupon policy and are always nice about it. Good for you!!