Friday, January 23, 2009

4 1/2 months and growing....

Well, it was another lazy weekend at the Slades! The bad thing was the weather. It was cold and dreary, thus we hated to take the boys outside. The camera was MIA, so we did not take any photos . We played, watched movies, and just played with our chunks of love. Ben figured out how to re-adjust the Jumparoo so the boys rode in the saddle both days and LOVED it. It is their new favorite toy!! Pictures to follow.

Let's see...what is new with us?

1. Both boys officially have picked up their first cold from school. Yep, we knew it was inevitable, but I unrealistically thought my breast milk would offer better protection. WRONG! They are sniffling, snorting like pigs and snoring at night, but still sound so precious. They are being good sports when I have to suction their noses and squirt saline into their noses...poor buddies!

2. Taylor has a tooth and another one is trying to pop through. It is his bottom two front teeth. Turner is also teething but no guest appearances yet. They have had a few fusst moments, but are doing ok with teething.

3. Turner can officially roll from his back to stomach and sleeps this way at night. The first few times it happened, he would roll over onto Taylor, who would scream bloody murder, hence waking Turner up even more, then ultimately their two screams would wake Ben and I. (Good morning to us...it is 2am!) After this happened for two nights in a row, we decided they were ready for their own cribs....

4. Both boys are finally sleeping solo in their own cribs. Their cribs are side by side and in the same room , but they are separated. We have weaned their arms from the swaddling blankets...only their feet are swaddled for warmth since blankets are a big no-no! They seem fine with it although I must have checked on them 10 times the first night. They are always together, so i just figured they would miss each other. I miss Ben when he is out of town and I am alone in bed, so I thought they would experience the same feeling. Guess not?

5. I had to toss out my first breast milk today. I woke up late because of the early am "wake up call", thus was running late. I left the breast milk on the kitchen counter and did not discover it until it had been sitting out for over 12 hours. I almost cried! It was 10 ounces...enough for 2 bottles. For a mother of twins, that is huge! I feel I work so hard to keep my production up--eating and drinking all of the time, pump religiously 5-6 times a day, force Turner to the breast, etc. I always dreamed of going out, having a wild night out with many dirty, filthy vodka martini's, and pumping and dumping, but never imagined it would result from just being tired from a night at home.

6. School is going great. I received a huge compliment on how together I am from the "mean" lady at their school. I am beginning to think it just her personality to be blunt and not really warm and fuzzy with the parents. I have watched her and all of the kids love her. She talks to the boys, read them stories and knows them well, meaning she is taking good care of them. They seem happy there and their faces always light up when they see me in the afternoon. (Now that is the best feeling....I want Ben to experience it, so I think he is going to pick them up later in the week.)

7. I was asked to be on Nominating within the Junior League for next year. What an honor. I will be one of 6 girls, I think, who will help decide on who will be the officers for the next year. I have big shoes to fill, but know I will be fine. Ben will have daddy duty on Mondays so I can do my volunteer work. He likes the solo time with the boys and I feel certain will have many fun things planned for the Fall with the boys. Monday Night Football will be the theme, I feel certain.

8. I am trying to tell my breasts to not take it personally but I killed another breast pump. Let's do the math--2 medela advance pumps and 1 hospital pump from Roper! Yes, it happened. When I pump at work, there is a pump room in the nursery for employees. I have it down to a science. I see some patients and take the paperwork to do while i pump. After i finish the pumping/paperwork, i go back and put it in the chart. Now, that is efficiency!! Ok, back to the storyline...I was on the pump, not paying any attention to the pump, when I looked down and saw my left side empty and not moving and my right side half full. Sometime while pumping, the pump died on the left side, so i had to stop and switch to the other side. What a pain! Because i stopped and did not empty, I got a clogged, very painful milk duct, which I have been trying to get to un-clog by extra pumping all night!!!

Enough about my breasts...now for the photos!!!!
Here is mommy and Taylor after a day at school and work.... as you can see "Buzz" still has the hair that looks like he has put his finger in the socket!! This picture makes me laugh because he looks so serious and clearly, he is not the serious one.



Daddy and Turner....love my boys!!!
Hope ya'll have a wonderful week.



No comments: