Saturday, February 28, 2009

6 months (almost)

Taylor getting geared up for Falcon's season. Yes, we might be a tad early, but you can never have too much falcon's gear!!

The past two weeks have been filled with many fun times. Our home computer has had problem after problem, thus we have not been able to post many updates. It is still not totally fixed, but is useable. Let's see if we can re-cap the past two weeks. Work, play, more work and more play.

Mommy is happy to report that she took a "personal day" and LOVED it! Actually, I was suppose to be in a class all day to complete my real estate continuing education credits for the term, but the class was canceled without notice. Huh, should I go home, put on my scrubs and go into work or spend the day with myself! I washed bottles, did laundry, made some casseroles, took the dogs on a walk, talked to my friends on the phone without interruption and pumped all alone! Every mom should spend some time alone in your own home. I have decided that I am going to do it quarterly as a form of therapy!!!

Mommy and daddy had a double date with Aunt Sabrina and her "new friend", Jeff. ( LOVE HIM!!! Cute, nice, has a stable job, loves dogs, has no baggage and best of all, adores Aunt Sabrina!!!) We went to this great new, totally hip Asian bistro and had a blast!! Having a babysitter never felt so good. Daddy was so excited for date night that he waited in the car and listened to some tunes while mommy showed the babysitter around the house. We had put the boys to bed, so all she had to do was "babysit" the dogs and be on the lookout for any wakeful boys.

We have had some fun visitors...and I forgot to bring out the camera. The girls came over on Thursday night for a pot luck feast! Mom enjoyed a beer (to help with her milk supply...that's my story and I am sticking with it!!), while the girls got tipsy on red wine. Today, one of mommy's old high school friend, Beth, came over. Mommy, Taylor and Beth had fun laughing about old times and catching up on our new lives!! Turner slept through the visit, but only after having some private 1:1 with daddy.

And the question of the day, is mommy still pumping? Yes!! I am 5 days shy of breast feeding 6 months, which was my goal. I actually feel very good about my decision and quite proud to have done it for this long. I am in a good routine during the work day and am fortunate to work at a place that supports women returning to work and breast feeding. The boy's school, which is owned by my hospital and just a 5 min. walk, has a "nursing room" and the hospital has hospital grade pumps for employees to use. During the work day, I see some patients and take my paperwork to the pump room, pump, return the paperwork, see more patients and repeat the process. So, yes, I am going to keep at it! I figured when it starts interrupting my life and the boys don't seem to be benefiting from it, then I will stop. Until then, on the pump, I will be!!! Plus, I figure it saves us at least $50 a week in formula!!!! I still have to supplement, but figured anything is better than nothing!!! Thank you to my sweet husband who has supported my decision through the moans, groans, clogged ducts and early am feedings!!


Taylor and Turner in their "big boy pants". No snaps, but real boy like pants. Make note of these cute shirts. My good friend, Dawn, gave us them. These shirts were our first piece of clothing for them. We smile when we think of how excited we were about the boys after getting these shirts. We had the shirts hung in our room during my pregnancy in excitement !! We could not believe that they would be so small, now we think they are so big!!!

As you can see, Taylor is holding tight to his brother. This is their new thing. Both of them are very curious and into each other. They have been holding hands, grabbing each other's ears and hair and just staring at each other. I can see their minds rolling, "hey, you look familiar" "hey, it's you again". "hey, why are you always around?"
Turner and Taylor playing in the boy cave. Both boys are rolling from back to stomach and stomach to back. They are reaching for things when they are on their tummy's and reaching for the bottles. Turner can scoot all around and loves to be on his tummy. Taylor still loves to be held, but is becoming more curious with his surroundings.
"Peek-A-Boo!!" We found Turner in his crib, playing with Taylor's blanket the other morning. It was draped on the back of the crib and he must have reached up, grabbed it and used it as a blanket!!!
Taylor can sleep anywhere and anytime. Wonder where he got that from??? (as mommy is up doing laundry, pumping, playing on the computer, daddy is sleeping...and yes, it is Saturday night at 9pm. We do live an exciting life!!) In this photo, I was feeding Turner and look over to find Taylor snoring! Poor Taylor still has his cold, but thanks to a humidifier and VICKS vapor rub, he can breathe more comfortably.

When he is awake, Taylor has gotten nosy!!! He is all into what everyone else is doing. There are times that mommy is feeding him and he stops taking his bottle to see what fun things daddy and Turner are doing. I know, I know, he must have gotten his social spirit from his mommy!! If there are visitors, he is too nosy to sleep!!!
Turner is checking out his mommy. Actually, one second later, he had reached up, grabbed my hair and was dragging me down with him. Turner is one darn strong (and handsome) boy!!!

Taylor and Turner playing with each other. As you can see, Taylor really looks up to his big brother.

As you can see, Ben and I continue to love our boys!! We can't imagine life without them!! There are times like this, that we think a big family with many more babies would be fabulous. Then reality returns with the piercing screams or the $250 "Babies R Us" visit, and we know that these two are 99% plenty!!!

No comments: