Tuesday, February 3, 2009

4 month Pediatrician Visit

Today was the boy's 4 month pediatrician "well visit"....1 day shy of 5 months old!! Poor Dr. Zimlich got more than she bargained for, I feel certain. So, here we were (on-time may I add and I was alone) walking into the office in the mini bus. The clock struck 3pm...feeding time!!!

Both boys start wailing. Literally, like a choir and in tune, the screams begin. The nurse, Sharon (bless her heart) helped me undress them and get them ready to be weighed and measured. Taylor was not happy that lunchtime had been postponed, although Turner enjoyed the 1:1 with Sharon. He was looking around the room , flirting with the other nurses and giggling.

Here are their new numbers:
Turner- weight: 14 pounds, 10 oz. 50% length: 24 1/4 50%
Taylor- weight: 16 pounds, 11 oz. 75% length: 25 1/4 50%

As we wait for Dr. Zimlich, I decide we might has well enjoy our lunch. Nothing like multi-tasking!! I hold Taylor and feed him with my left hand and feed Turner who is propped up naked in his car seat with my right hand. Halfway through, Dr. Zimlich arrives and takes over with Turner and his bottle. The rest of the visit was pretty much a "sick visit" as both boys are teething, have colds with runny noses, chest congestion and off-on fevers. Thankfully the boys left without their 4 month shots...that would have only added fuel to the fire!! Bad thing, they sounded so congested today, Dr. Zimlich wants to re-check them on Thursday!!! (Great... that means I will have to leave work early. Sure my co-workers and boss will love that!)

Here are some photos from the week. Take note of the adorable, matching teddy bear outfits....Thank you to Boo!!! The best part is not shown, as the "toosh" has a tail on it!!!!

The boys arriving in the mini-bus. What you can't see, is poor Taylor's cheeks are as red as a tomato! When I picked him up from school, he was in this fleece outfit and had a blanket wrapped around him. I thought maybe he was just hot from that, but no, he had a rectal temp of 102! (Interestingly, he rolled over today during naptime and slept on his stomach for the first time.)
Turner was enjoying the taste of his blankie!

Turner flirting with the nurses.


Taylor and Turner chilling in their overalls after school on Monday.



"Buzz" was not happy about being bundled up to go on an afternoon stroll. He sure looks pitiful, but so darn cute !!




1 comment:

Betty Graham said...

Liz and Ben,
Thank you for sharing your blog with us. Taylor and Turner are precious. I enjoy reading your entries so much.
I am excited for the four of you.

Betty Graham