Thursday, September 3, 2009

Flu?

This has been a long week for mommy. The boys were out of school with a GI Bug that made them vomit and have diarrhea. Surprisenly, they were happy boys and enjoyed the extra loving from mommy on Wednesday. Here are some snapshots from their "sick" day.

Note to self: Don't do anything to lose your daytime job because Full Time Daytime Mommy is not for you. 10+ watchings of baby Einstein, three walks through the neighborhood, 2 baths each boy, 3 outfits each, many diaper changes, too many snacks of crackers and bland foods, the day ended with mommy hitting the sack at 7pm!

Taylor: Luckily he felt better after he vomited!
Snacktime: This was the one day that I felt like High Fructose Corn Syrup snacks would be ok! Bring on the graham crackers, ritz crackers, and goldfish.... Boo and Gan to the rescue so mommy didn't have to drag too sick boys to the Harris Tetter!!

After a few hours of confinement, I had to bring out my bag of tricks. So, out came an old hat box of ribbons that I used to wear in my hair in college. I know, that was a long time ago. Boo had found them at their Water Street house and hand delivered them just the day before. Thank you, Boo!! Needless to say, the ribbons provided hours of entertainment!!


Fighting over the Blue Hippo Walker. I have no idea why the shopping cart and lion walkers were not popular at this moment!!
PS- I had cleaned so much throw up that I decided "no more". The boys were forced to wear their bibs all day to catch any throw up and it worked!! Too bad I did not figure that out earlier in the day!
The Band is back!!! And this time in costumes.....


** At the time of publishing (Friday), we have a sick daddy and a religious mom, who can't stop praying to be saved from the GI BUG. Poor daddy has been in bed puking for over 24 hours. Mommy has been bleaching and sanitizing everything in her sight, thus her hands are red and raw. Night-night!

No comments: