Monday, September 7, 2009

It's back.

No photos today but just a short note to my avid followers.

Some Labor Day for this mommy. Sunday night, I started feeling whoozy. Like clockwork, as soon as the boys went down the stuff started back up. First vomiting, then out the other end. No photos were taken for the obvious reasons!

At midnight, I woke up with the chills, hot flashes, more vomits and diarrhea...how is all that possible? I felt like demons had taken over my body. I check my phone for some reason and find out that the sitter (Precious Em) is also sick. Crap. The Slades have affected a sweet outsider. ("Don't panic" is what i kept telling myself. How hard can it be to care for two walking 11 month olds by yourself.)

Luckily, Gan was in town and he agreed to arrive at 7 am to help get the boys ready with breakfast and such. I frantically start texting and calling everyone I know to get a sitter. One sitter agreed to come at 11. She later cancels because she is having her own medical issues. Another sitter agreed to come, then realizes her car was dead. Two nanny services called and neither could find help for me. About 25+ calls later, we have no relief! Meanwhile....

Gan leaves to get me meds and ginger ale. The boys take a 1 1/2 nap, while I nap on their nursery floor. Whatever it takes to get some sleep, right? This was a blessing from the Lord because these boys usually don't nap more than 30 minutes. (Thank you, Lord! We will start being better at attending church to rejoice you!)

Poor Gan thought the sitter was coming at 11, so he left us alone. Yikes. Here is a drowsy mommy on Phernagan who needs to run to the toilet often. What shall I do? Let's see...the boys need to be safe, happy and mommy needs to nap. So, for 3 + hours, the boys played in their pack n play and watched Baby Einstein. Once they would be cranky, I would throw treats their way. Poor kids were treated like animals. I put a round cake pan in the pack n play and put graham crackers, animal cookie, yogurt melts, bits of cheese and fruit in it and they enjoyed a picnic lunch!

As the day went on , my tummy healed (thankfully). All I pray for now is healthy boys.....and a healthy daddy. It has been 5 long days without him as he lays in bed.

3 comments:

BETH said...

I hope you are feeling better!! I remember sleeping on the floor of Emma Helen's room...good times! :)

Jessi said...

Oh Liz! This story broke my heart. I wish I lived close...you could call on me to babysit anytime!

I hope you are all better!

My love to you and the boys!

XOXO
Jessi

Courtney said...

You poor thing! Hope everyone is 100% better soon!!