Thursday, March 5, 2009

Dashing off to School

Here are the boys waiting on mommy to load them into the car for school.

The big question of the week from my "single kid" friends..."How in the world do you get them both to school in the morning?"TEAMWORK and PROPER PLANNING!!

All of the "grunt work" is completed the night before...bottles made, coffee set (even the sugar is put in my portable mug), pump stuff packed, pager, keys and office keys in the car, outfits set out, and lunches packed! No sense in stressing in the am, if it can be done with proper planning at night.

Of course, most nights, sleeping beauty Ben sleeps while I frantically get everything done so I can hit the sack. Don't get me wrong, he offers to help, but I am so type A, I like it done my way. I know, I know...I must give up the control one day, but that day will have to come later!!! But in exchange, he gets up during the night and does the wee hour feedings! Bless his soul...I am the night owl and he is the early riser, thank goodness!!

Ben and I both get up at 5/5:30 and shower. I pump, play on facebook, post things on the BLOG, fold clothes and pay bills while Ben feeds and takes the dogs out. At 6am, the music and lights are turned on in the nursery and the fun begins. We both agree that am is our favorite time of day with the boys. The little stretches, the yawns, the "oh, they did come back" smiles as they see us for the first time...they are the best!!!

We each take a baby and feed and dress them together in the nursery. After they are dressed, mommy finishes getting ready while daddy loads mommy's car with their bottles, my lunch, my coffee and breakfast. Most mornings, mommy is running a tad behind daddy, so as I dry my hair and put on my makeup in the downstairs hallway, I am making funny faces and singing to the boys. They are patiently waiting in the car seats ready for the trek to school.

With a car seat in each hand, I am out the door! ( And people wonder how I lost my baby weight so fast. Who wouldn't have arms the size of pencils after carrying these boy's around?)

Taylor and Turner enjoying the side view, as I load the stuff into the Benz. And the next big question...NO, we have no plans to buy a mini van anytime soon. No, I am not knocking those dedicated mommys with mini vans, but I am just not that girl (yet anyways).
And the best part, we're home after a fun day at school and work! Here is Taylor visiting with our neighborhood pals. (from left to right...Owen, Taylor, Sterling, Ashley, Lauren and Liza) These cuties are the main reason that we might never move!!! Yes, we will outgrow our small house sooner than later. But the thought of moving from a house where kids ride their bikes, sell lemonade on a hot summer day and stop by to see "the twins" always stops us from even going into open houses!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Wow, Liz - you are awesome! I'm inspired to get a little more organized myself...am going to prep the coffee for the morning so that I can get my day off on the right foot. Love reading about you and your boys :)